Thursday

vegoose

Ashley Capps of Knoxville's AC Entertainment has announced the line-up for his newest festival: VEGOOSE.

Ashley mentioned this festival when I was chatting with him at the Sleater-Kinney show on Market Square in June, and it turns out S-K will be on the Vegoose line-up, along with Beck, the Arcade Fire, the Devendra Banhart Band, the Shins, the Flaming Lips, Spoon, Digable Planets, Lyrics Born, Jack Johnson, Blackalicious, Z-Trip, Primus, Phil Lesh & Friends with Ryan Adams, Dave Matthews & Friends, North Mississippi Allstars, Gov't Mule, moe., String Cheese Incident, Widespread Panic, and surprises.

The four day festival will be held Halloween weekend in Las Vegas. I've never been to Vegas, but am tempted... Bonnaroo was awfully fun and Bonnaroo without mud or tents sounds even more fun. I do like a good buffet...



If I go, I will need a sidekick. I doubt I can talk Bonnaroo sidekick into joining me. He's on a "no travel" kick. If you are interested, be in touch ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a past comment you noted that sidekick person's self-imposed travel ban would end with the symbolic removal of headbands at the partially successful conclusion of the Bjorn Borg Summer at the end of October. So maybe not.

Anonymous said...

Wha?

I want to be your Vegoose sidekick. Where do I sign up?

Julie said...

Well, the criteria for being my sidekick are rigorous:

-Must be clever and amusing.

-Gotta bring a pineapple

-Must share my taste in music on the whole. If you plan on dragging me out to those jamband shows at the festival, forget it. And no Mars Volta shows either. They have been stricken from my list of shows I am willing to attend.

-Must be nice to random friends and relatives who drop by campsite/hotel room. Bonus points for accompanying said relatives to shows you might not otherwise choose to attend, say, an Allman Bros concert in the drizzle when I have to write (or I just feel like pawning people off on you)

-Must be, in general, willing to dance.

-Nice shoulders always a bonus

-Katie