Tuesday

liz phair

People gave Liz Phair a terrible time about her last record - the pop-sounding one that came out in '03 -- but I liked it. A lot.

I listened to it a whole bunch during the bone crunchingly painful year of my separation and divorce. The record is all about her own separation and divorce and the lyrics were spot-on.

I'm listening to it again today for the first time in a long while and it's making me sort of melancholy about things that are now finished and done.

I think I'll switch over to some Kanye West ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still amazed that you are not remarried or don't seem to have a boyfriend or whatever. You are so cute, funny and smart. Everyone I know who gets a divorce seems to be recoupled within a short time, people with way less going for them than you have. Are the single guys in Tennessee just stupid or blind?

Julie said...

I cannot imagine getting remarried or even dating someone in any serious way soon after a divorce. I don't get that. I was not myself for a while.

-Katie

Anonymous said...

You should listen to Ben Folds Five, Forever and ever Amen. Also an albumto be listened to while suffering through a divorce.

give me back my black t-shirt