Wednesday

I used to say I would never get plastic surgery. I still can't really imagine ever doing it, but I have to say that a certain friend of mine who recently had a tres subtle lift and slight upgrade in size looks pretty damn good. After two babies and six years of breastfeeding, she felt that her breasts needed a little gravity-defying assistance and she fearlessly went under the knife.

She's really happy with how she looks, and I was impressed. Then she lifted her shirt and showed me her scars.

EEEEK!

I had already seen pix of Tara Reid's infamous and accidental boob job scar reveal. It was quite frightening, but I guess I figured that an aging movie starlet's red carpet scars would somehow be worse than a real person's boob job scars.

Wrong.

My friend's scars are just as definitive.

So I asked her whether it bothers her that while her breasts look quite nice fully clothed, they are now not nearly so nice looking unclothed and she said it didn't bother her at all - that she figures that as she gets older (she's in her early 40s) her breasts are less and less likely to be seen au naturel and more likely to be admired avec blouson.

This strikes me as an odd assumption, but whatever.

Anyway, anyone considering having this suregry really should first take an up-close look at some real person's real postsurgical scars. Then decide.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend had a lift and reduction and her scars faded to be barely noticeable. She looked great. Her breasts looked post-op like mine did pre-surgery. I still wouldn't go under the knife (but heck, I'm a person who sometimes forgets to brush her hair) but my friend was very very happy with the results.

Oh and her doc was careful and she went on to successfully breastfeed her second child, too. :)

Julie said...

Well it's good to hearthe scars can be invisible. These were fairly fresh.

I'm with you on the bra size. I finally went and got fitted by a real bra lady at a real, old time NYC department store. I doscovered I was wearing the wrong size bra (too small) and switched out. Made a big difference in my life ;-)

Elizabeth said...

I finally found the right size....but also went for total *comfort* with the bras from Decent Exposures www.decentexposures.com
My kids laughed at me, as I waltzed all over the house, proclaiming how *comfortable* this bra was! It's been two years, and I sure hope this company never goes out of business.....

Julie said...

I'm a lingerie junkie. I like the good stuff, with La Perla and Calvin Klein being my faves...

-Katie

Anonymous said...

Whoa!

Leave for a day, and when I come back, the girls are talking about "the girls". Hmm. Um, lemme get a drink. I'll be right back . . .