Saturday

me n' christianity

Okay, I will admit to posting a lot of stuff lately that pokes fun at certain aspects of certain things undertaken by certain Christians. But I want you to know that some of my best friends are Christians! No, really.

Among my Christian heroes are Jesus, Mother Mary, Paul Tillich, MLK Jr., and Bishop Shelby Spong.

My own views --what Christianity means to me personally -- are best summed up right here.

I also consider myself a Buddhist, in the mindfulness, engaged Buddhism, Budhsim-without-beliefs way. Thich Nach Hahn has helped me through some tough places in the past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, what does point number two do about Jesus claim that he is "the way the truth and the light and that no one comes to the father but by me"? (John 14:6)

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool, never heard of TCPC. Somewhat similar to the UU 7 Principles

http://www.uua.org/aboutuua/principles.html

# The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
# Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
# Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
# A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
# The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
# The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
# Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.