Wednesday

soccer

Tonight at my 7 year old son Elliot's soccer practice, his coach sat the guys down and tried to get them to pick out a team name before their upcoming first game.

The boys' suggestions:

-The Komodo Dragons
-The Homemade Pizzas
-The Snakes (that was the name of Elliot's team last year)
-The Gibbons
-The Happy Cats
-The Turtlenecks

There were some others I can't remember, but these were my faves. No consensus was reached, so for now, the team remains moniker-less.

Tomorrow afternoon, my older son, Henry, tries out for league lacrosse. I assume that with junior varsity-age guys, they already have a name for the team, but if not, I'll suggest some of these.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The groups at Zan's nursery school in Arlington got to choose their own names, which always wound up being of the form [magic|super|silly|happy] [a color] [a noun] -- Magic Gold Flags, Silly Blue Monkeys, etc.

Zan's suggestion last year was: Humongous Green Dumpsters.

They went with Super Sparkly Airplanes instead.

- Steve K.

Julie said...

Steve-

I've left you two messages to see if you want to go with me to see a show Friday night.

Call me at WBIR.

Kate

Anonymous said...

How does Zan like school so far?
-Betsy

Anonymous said...

Sorry about missing the messages, Katie. I'll call you some time later this morn or early afternoon.

Betsy: Zan has been waking up and asking to go to school immediately. When I tell him it's 6:30 and school doesn't open for an hour, he says "That's ok, Daddy. We can just wait in the car." So, I'm guessing he likes it. He was starting to get pretty bored in nursery school -- seeing as how we were paying about $12,000 for it (Arlington is ass-reaming expensive, and that's on the low end of average for a nursery school), I was pushing him hard to learn to read so we could just go ahead and enroll him in college.

Kayla said...

OMG, I love 'the Turtlenecks'. How funny!!