Friday

entertain kate

Apparently, Kate Hudson was in Knoxville last April when her husband's band, The Black Crowes, played at the Coliseum. I didn't see her while she was in town, but as one Kate to another, I would have been happy to show her around town and keep her entertained. I probably would have encouraged her to grab some pizza at Tomato Head and a beer at Preservation Pub. She could have taken baby Harley or Spyder or Mango or whatever his name is down to Volunteer Landing by the river to play in the fountains. My kids love that.


But I never knew she was in town and she didn't call, so apparently she just hung out at the downtown Hilton and was pretty bored, which I can certainly understand. (She should have stayed at the St. Oliver). And on David Letterman's show the other night, she told the entire nation that Knoxville was the worst town she visited while on tour with the band.



Her comments have generated some conversation around town, over at KnoxBlab (look at the "Oh Kate" thread) and spurred my pal Jack Neely to write a very entertaining column in Metro Pulse this week about Kate's dislike for K-town.


And now, some clever cleverkins has launched a line of "Entertain Kate" t-shirts.



entertainkate

As someone also named Kate, I plan to give these t-shirts to all my friends and family because, whatever Katie Hudson happens to think of my adopted hometown, I like the idea of people wearing "Entertain Kate" slogans plastered across their chests. It's a good sentiment in general, don't you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will happily Entertain Kate (Granju, not Hudson) any time.

Anonymous said...

Who cares what that spoiled brat says? LA is boring, too, if you don't have loads of money to pay for the things you want to do.

Anonymous said...

maybe bored people are just boring themselves?

Anonymous said...

Who cares that a Hollywood flake doesn't like us...That's just more fun for us! I think I would be bored just sitting around the Hilton (or any hotel) with nothing to do also. Or maybe she was having withdrawals from seeing all the plastic surgery, botoxed people in Hollywood. Or maybe she couldn't take seeing all the beautiful people who live in K-town. You know we southern belles are naturally beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oh please. you people make snarky comments about everybody, all the time. so this woman made an honest statement she found your town boring. cry me a river. I grew up in the same general region of the country,(not tennessee but within a days drive) and I just got back and GUESS WHAT..I was bored stiff. obviously a lot of people DONT find it boring but I did. I know people who hated new york city. name a place and there are people who hate it. get over it.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! scrabble dictionary keywords patents http://www.mp3-players-3.info/High-cholesterol.html Erectile dysfunction chemotherapy long term Vintage horse racing Analogue video capture cards dutch oven recipe Craps online online gambling Bunn coffee maker keyword gifts Free e-mail with mail stationery 1996 land rover discovery review fee scrabble game lcd projectors 800 x 600 Nighttime antidepressant hasbro scrabble Free machine secret slot tip http://www.moscowbritishairlinesvacations.info/Panda-virus-scanner.html online scrabble for mac effexor zoloft comparison