Friday

Carl Snow Band

I didn't go see that show (below) last night because it turns out my house is being appraised today, so I had to stay in and clean (plus I watched a very bad movie with Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston).

But tonight my friend Steve K. and I are definitely going to see the new incarnation of the Carl Snow Band at the Corner Lounge in their very first show. I took my sons to hear the band practice last week and they are really good. Really, really good. All four bandmembers - Carl Snow, Kevin Trotter, Rick Greene and Scott Davis -- were also super nice to my boys, who are musically obsessed.

I asked Carl to describe, in his own words, what folks can expect of his new band's sound tonight. Here's what he told me:

"Real, real rock and roll, as in the 1970's (a la The Stones, The Faces, The Who) infused with a definitely detectable sound that speaks of growing up to the sounds of Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, The Jam, etc and playing in the first wave of local punk bands, 'back in the day,' then aging "gracefully but not meekly" over the years in a thousand dark and dusty clubs, until all these ingredients fermented into a fine and potent spirit. "

So you see, this is a show not to miss. And these are nice, nice fellas, in addition to being immensely talented. Plus, I am told it's Kevin's birthday today, so you need to come wish him a happy one.

carlsnowband

No comments: