Wednesday

Via Elaine Evans:


"Nashville's The Believers, joined for this Knoxville appearance by Bill Reynolds of Donna the Buffalo, will headline a great non-smoking show at Knoxville's finest listening room, the Corner Lounge, this Thursday, January 19.

Opening for The Believers, K-town's own Lost Brakemen in their club debut, featuring members of the acclaimed local band Roundhouse.

Get you some deep-heated Americana for a chilly Thursday evening--without the smoke!"


Thanks to Elaine for the heads-up. As regular blog readers know, the Corner Lounge is my favorite Knoxville watering hole/music venue. I like The Believers a lot and although I haven't heard the new incarnation of Lost Brakemen, I liked Roundhouse when I heard them play a few months back with The Ghosts. They sound like Whiskeytown. Very good. Plus, bandmember Dustin is a good guy. I met him recently at a gathering of people working on an upcoming music-fundraiser thing (more details soon on this very cool project).

I will definitely be at this show. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were so cute sitting at that show knitting. I'd never seen a girl knit in a bar before.