Wednesday

remembering robert webb

I'm an alum of  The Webb School in Bell Buckle, TN, as are most members of my family. My children's father is an alumnus of Webb School of Knoxville. And currently, I am in the process of rushing around trying to get my 14 year old son Henry's application for admission to Webb Knoxville completed before next week's deadline, so I've had Webb on my mind lately.


As it happens, Robert Webb, an alumnus of Webb Bell Buckle and founder of Webb Knoxville died over the holidays and my friend Jack Neely, a Webb Knoxville grad, has written a lovely tribute to him. I met Mr. Webb once at a Webb Alumni event here in Knoxville and he was charming and gracious. He shared some Bell Buckle memories with me and we talked about my hometown and alma mater. I told him I thought my children would likely attend Webb Knoxville, since I make my home here now, and he said he hoped they would.


Jack's article introduced me to some facts about Mr. Webb and Webb Knoxville that I hadn't known. It made me wish I had had the opportunity to get to know him beyond our one meeting.

No comments: