Monday

I've managed to remain friends with just about every guy I've ever dated. A few have even morphed into longterm best friends. So it really bugs me when I'm not able to pull that off -- remaining friends. I think it's sad when someone you've been very close to disappears from your life altogether just because the relationship evolves.

Some female friends of mine tell me that they feel very differently about this - that they do not want any sort of relationship with exes. But for me, having a relationship just disappear as if it never existed is very depressing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, As I've told you, your desire to have everyone remain your pal even after they have hurt you or treated you badly is both a blessing and a curse. You are a very loving, empathetic, loyal person and that's good. But you don't need mean people as friends any more than you needed them as boyfriends.

We love you.

Will

mamamarta said...

it's very lesbianesque of you! ;-)

marta

Anonymous said...

The real question is whether any of your friends ever evolve into boyfriends. Do they?

theoldroadhog said...

I can do it...but it takes years.

Julie said...

I have never had a long term guy friend evolve into a boyfriend. Maybe that's weird, but I really haven't.-kag

Anonymous said...

I dated Katie in college and we are still friends. In fact, she's better friends with my ex-wife, who she met through me, than she is with me.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be friends with my ex-girlfriends. When I'm done with them, I am done.