Monday

burglary update

One of the things taken from my house was my cell phone. On Saturday, I finally had time to go get a new phone and then I had my old # switched over to this new phone. Within minutes - literally - of my phone being turned on with my old #, it began ringing and I started getting calls from people who would either hang up when I answered or say "wrong #" when I answered. I also got a text message from someone.

Since I was only without my phone for a few days, I assume the idiot who stole it has been using it and these are his pals ringing him up. So this morning I will call the KPD and see if they can get anywhere by tracking the thief down via one of these phone #s. I've gotten about ten calls total, including one last night.

So I have my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Julie said...

UPDATE: I have called the police ALL DAY and cannot get anyone to talk to me about this MAJOR CLUE as to who stole my stuff from my house.

I am getting closer to pulling my "I'm a news producer with Channel 10" card next time I call.

theoldroadhog said...

You're talking about a major amount of work for them: they would have to subpoena phone records, wouldn't they? Not worth it for a burglary. It's just beyond what they can do. There's not even probable cause at this point.