Tuesday

the blues

According to a psychologist, there is a formula for figuring out which day each year people are most likely to feel depressed and guess what? It's this week.

I had been feeling REALLY bummed out through all of December and the first week or so of January. I had a series of bad things happen and was feeling quite sorry for myself. Plus, I clearly suffer from a touch of seasonal affective disorder (I could never live in the Pacific Northwest). I was feeling so blue that it was bugging everyone around me.

But in the last two weeks I seem to have completely snapped out of it. I tend to be a sunny optimist by nature, so being blue for 6 weeks was pretty unusual for me. It's awfully nice to feel back to normal. It helps that I've had a run of quite good luck this past week...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kate. Your moping around was getting booooring!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I'm right there with you, but mine are still going strong! The sun being out today may snap me out of it..

Anonymous said...

Yesterday WAS a really awful day for me. I was swinging back and forth between being suicidal and homocidal. Today, miraculously, all is well and happy. Coincidence?

The Wonderful Wonderful World Of Us! said...

I felt pretty bummed yesterday too?!!! Nothing seemed to be going right! Then...my son wakes up at 4:30 this morning with a fever...oh the joys of mommyhood!!! And I am not even cranky about it!