Wednesday

more on the burglary

Last night was uneventful. My children chose to sleep at their grandparents' house and I slept at home, feeling a little nervous, but the police assured me they would patrol front and back (there's an alley) and I saw them come by.

The latest is that the mother of the girl who told me as much as I know called last night. The mother says she does not want her daughter mixed up in this and will tell cops what she knows. The thief's girlfriend, Kyera, is apparently her niece. This woman is the first in the whole mess to call me from a landline - all the other #s I have are cells. She gave me the last name that comes up on her caller ID when the thief guy calls her house. So now I have a last name. I gave all this info to the investigator this morning and hopefully, something will happen today.

I am going to get motion detector lights installed on all 4 corners of my house (gotta find some handyman person to install them, if anyone knows anyone who does jobs like that).

I am very tired from all of this. It's been really upsetting and exhausting. I went by 2 pawn shops on Broadway after work yesterday looking for my stuff and just noticed there is one right under my nose near my office that is only a few blocks from my house, so I will look there today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Rick Held is still working independently as a handyman in Knoxville, but he use to do odd jobs and painting for some older friends of mine. They were very pleased with his work and his rates. He's a nice person as well.

Julie said...

I know Rick. That's a good idea. I'll calll him.

Les Jones said...

The motion sensor lights are a good idea. Avoid the Regent brand. I had to replace every Regent light - five, in all - that I installed. I've used three other brands since then and never had another problem.

Ken Godwin at Agape Electric is a licensed electrician who showed up on time and did good for for us. 607-1234.

Anonymous said...

Just some insight into pawn shops:

Pawn shop chains will centrally manage identifiable things like jewelry. All the incoming jewelry is "sorted" at a central location and then re-distributed to other pawn shops at random. Thereby preventing you from making a effective search for your stolen items.

Chances are that if you can find one identifiable item of yours that isn't be a big ticket item.... that wouldn't have been source obfuscated... like maybe a rare CD or something, that's the store that bought your stuff.

So as you look around the pawn shops, focus on finding the lower value items. Follow the trail from there.


/was burgled after just three weeks in new house. Wanted to move out. Finally did after second burgle.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about Building a House then think about handyman builder , California...
If You need constuction Ideas Visit us and find out about handyman builder...

Building is creating a new life,,,