Saturday

good news on the burglary front

Both burglars are in jail. Their fingerprints were found on stolen items at a pawn shop.

In even better news, I am very happy to report that the cop called me a while ago to tell me he shamed the burglar into admitting he stole my computer and the burglar says he will have the person who has it bring it in later tonight...and I can get it back next week sometime. They hadn't pawned it yet.

I have my fingers crossed.

These are some seriously dumb criminals. They never would have been caught had they not used my cell phone after they stole it and CONTINUED to use it after it became clear the # was back in my possession and attached to a replacement phone.

4 comments:

KCB said...

Woo hoo! This is the best possible outcome for you, I think. Kudos on your sleuthing and persistence.

Anonymous said...

These guys definitely get some sort of Darwin award of burgling.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I had equally inept thieves steel my purse a few years ago. They called me the next day and wanted ransom money for its return. Of course I was able to track them down via caller ID.

Anonymous said...

That's great news.

So if you get the thing back maybe you should back it up so that when it dies or is lost or is stolen or left out in the rain you won't lose all the pictures of your kids. If only there were a way to do it that involved plugging it in to your external hard drive annd pressing a single button.

I used to think that there were two kinds of people, those who had decent backup plans and those who will after they lose all their data, but I think now that there are three kinds of poeple, those who can count and those who can't.