Monday

everything can change really fast

A few days ago, THIS OAK RIDGE FAMILY WAS HEALTHY.

Mom, Dad, good marriage and two happy kids.

Now THE MOTHER, who is only 29 years old, is in the ICU with some horrible, undiagnosed illness that is causing liver and kidney failure. She is near death. Her husband has been writing these HEARTBREAKING UPDATES on her condition, which doesn't seem to be improving. His fear for her life is causing him to re-think his previous atheism.

He writes:

"She never believed in an afterlife. I did, to an extent, but we never talked about it. I wish now that we had agreed on a place to meet, just in case."

It's all really sad and hard and I am hoping she makes a full recovery, soon :-(

I would hate to think of leaving my children. I know that's what she's worried about most.

3 comments:

Catherine K. said...

I read that via Jon's blog. How heartbreaking! I don't think I will ever recover from the statement you posted, "I wish we'd have agreed on a place to meet..." Wow.

I'm glad you are feeling better though, KAG. I wish I'd had the words, but just didn't. What do I know about it, you know? All I can say, is probably what everyone else said, and means, if you ever need anything, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

That is the saddest thing I have ever read. His pain is deep and gutteral (spelling?). I hurt for that family, and I hurt for the MOM. It must be really hard to worry about dying and leaving your children when you are such a young mom.

Anonymous said...

Jup, it sucks.
Katie, I mentioned something about your loss above, in a more recent post. Thank you for taking the time to think of me. I guess we're bound together, and I hope I (we) can meet you and Jon and thank you both.
Thanks very much.