Sunday

words to birth by

Today my little sister and I watched the video of her last birth, 4 years ago (unmedicated waterbirth at St. Mary's in Knoxville).

She had some choice lines during the long and grueling event:


Sister: "I can't do this! I just cannot do this!"
Bro in Law: "Just go with it, honey." (Obviously trying to be the good Bradley birthing coach)
Sister: "YOU FREAKING JUST GO WITH IT, WHY DON"T YOU??!!!"

Also-

Sister: "Please someone tell me again why I am doing this?"

Sister: "This baby better be REALLY, REALLY cute!" (He was)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At my last birth, when the doctor attived I said, "It's about time you showed up." I also told a nurse to get her hands off me and I believe I may actually have slapped her (I was under the influence of Stadol, though.)