Sunday

happy new year

Why, oh why am I up at 7:30 a.m. after being out fairly late last night? Good question. For some reason, I woke up a while ago and can't seem to get back to sleep.

Unlike some people who sleep well after a night of drinking, I sleep horribly. And I indulged a bit last night. It was very nice of my friend Steve K. to handle the driving so I could handle the drinking. Or something like that. Oh wait. That reminds me. I have to get someone to take me to get my car, which I left parked on Cumberland.

I saw an awful lot of good music last night and chatted up lots of friends, including some folks I hadn't seen in a while. Very pleasant.

I saw Mic Harrison and The High Score. They were awesome, as usual, but the crowd there was very...odd. It wasn't a fun crowd and SK and I knew no one there, so we decamped to Barley's, where we caught some of the Todd Steed show and much of Dixie Dirt's swan song.

TS and the Suns were great. I like it when Jeff Bills is on drums and I got to visit with him some after. Dixie Dirt was GREAT. I had never seen them so energetic and happy. They always sound great, but last night they really seemed to be having a good time. Everyone else who was there was having a good time too. It was a very happy vibe. I did get grabbed and kissed by a complete stranger at midnight, but I was in such a good mood that I really didn't mind so much.

It was a fun, happy evening and I hope it signals the start of a spectacular year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked awful cute last night, Mizz Katie.

Anonymous said...

You were a dancing fool, too.