Monday

sick

I am so sick. I've been sick for days and can't seem to shake it. I tried going to work today but was so weak and exhausted that I came home midday and slept. Now Henry has it, too.

I am grateful that my kids' father and grandparents have agreed to help by taking the children overnight so I can sleep. I don't see any way I could fix supper and get anyone to bed, much less give poor, sick H the attention he needs tonight. But I hate being away from any one of them when they are sick.

I'm beginning to realize that what I likely have is the flu. My sister had it last week and the doc gave her antibiotics but she says they didn't really help, so I am guessing viral. The symptoms are textbook flu. I think I jinxed myself by saying out loud the other day - I kid you not - "Wow. I haven't had the flu in two years!" How stupid was that? I usually get the flu once per winter/spring and one year I had it TWICE.

Other than that, I'm usually pretty hale and hearty, but I do seem to be a favorite flu-bug landing pad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of fluids, lots of rest, don't get dehydrated and take care of yourself!!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Do you ever take flu vaccinations?

Anonymous said...

Every year since moving to California, I've gotten sick between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. This year, right after Yule, I stupidly said, "Looks like I beat the sick jinx." Then I came down with a cold on New Year's Eve.

Sleep. Sleep all you can. And don't get dehydrated.