Wednesday

my musical to-do list for the next few days

There is so much good music happening in Knoxville in the next few days. Can't wait.

I already mentioned that SLEATER KINNEY will be headlining SUNDOWN IN THE CITY Thursday night, but I didn't mention the bonus feature: THE TIM LEE BAND will be opening.

Tim Lee was with The Windbreakers and also played with the dBs and Swimming Pool Qs and lots of other fab powerpop bands, and his own stuff is great as well. So get there early to catch his band before SK takes the stage.

On Friday night, my friend Randall Brown's band, QUARTJAR will be playing on Market Square as part of the monthly First Friday festivities, and then later that night, I'll be watching rockabilly-meets-surf-thrash band, The Twilight Sentinels at PRESERVATION PUB. The band features the uber-talented Brandon Cottingim on stand-up bass, and they rock. I saw them in February and have been looking forward to seeing them again.

So come on downtown Thursday and Friday nights and I'll see you there.

--Katie

No comments: