Wednesday

bored

Clothes are really boring and homogenous right now. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am so sick of silk camisoles in all their many variations that I could, well, I don't know...not buy any.

I generally love to shop, but I don't love anything in any of even my most favorite stores right now. I am not only sick of silk camisoles, I am also sick of all the godawful hippy tunics that everyone is wearing/selling. They look terrible on everyone -- making even my best looking friends look like rejects from a canasta game at a retirement home in Florida.

I really liked the Chanel-ish suits last winter and I like all the great long, low-slung skirts I can get right now. I'm glad my Lilly Pulitzer skirts and Pappagallo flats from 1984 are a la mode, but in general, I am just incredibly bored with everything I see these days.

I have a meeting this weekend, so tonight I figured I'd go buy something fabulous to wear. No luck. Very depressing. Granted, I live in Appalachia, so I'm limited to Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and the like locally (meaning I shop like a fiend when I'm elsewhere), but generally I don't come up as totally empty-handed as I did today.

I'm looking forward to something new as Fall approaches.

Yeah, I know, this is a really inconsequential concern, but hey, what can I say, I like clothes.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be glad you don't live in California. The clothing here is designed to make you look like a teen-age prostitute. My co-workers go back East to shop so they don't have to walk around work looking like, at worst, a cheap slut or, at best, the St. Pauli Girl.

Anonymous said...

and dont get any bright ideas from California to move to any small towns in Washington or Idaho or Montana. we dont want you here, we are overrun already.

Anonymous said...

I can assure you, anonymous, I have no desire to move to any of the places you mentioned. And perhaps your neighbors would care to stay home because we REALLY don't need anymore of them here!

Anonymous said...

good..then spread the word...the pacific northwest doesnt want any more stinkin californians

Anonymous said...

we shoot em with deer rifles on site

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right. You're so tough, anonymous. I'm scared. Not.

Anonymous said...

: ) Do you shoot them on site or on sight?

Anonymous said...

oops..on sight..thru the gun sites..with those high powered deer rifles. bam bam bam..right back to LA

Anonymous said...

and look what happened to Kurt Cobain. and we wont EVEN discuss Courtney Love. anyone who could name their band "Hole" has some serious issues....

Anonymous said...

Have you tried a locally owned shop yet?

Vagabondia on Market Square, Indigo in the Old City etc...

Why shop at chains if you hate the "same 'ol" look?

Julie said...

Yes! I do love Vagabondi and I have bought one thing at Indigo. Didn't mean to imply there is nothing good locally.

One thing that's hard for me is that a lot of smaller shops aren't open during the weird hours I am able to shop (i work a lot of hours).

I was in Vagabondia last night, actually...