Thursday

rhett miller & stewart pack

Tonight is my kid-free night, but it's also the night my show tapes until 8pm. Rhett Miller, whom I like a lot, is playing a free show on Market Square downtown, and afterwards, my friend Stewart is playing a show at Barley's. I would love to go bu SP's show and may, but if I were truly responsible, I would stay in and finish some freelance work I need to get finished. Yeah, I really should stay in and get that stuff finished.

Happily (for me), Henry returns from his week away camping with a friend's family tomorrow. I can't wait to see him. I spoke to him on the phone a little while ago and got very teenagery, non-communicative answers to my specific questions about how the trip has gone. Maybe once I get him fed and he gets a long nap he will be willing to tell me more ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't go out either because i am stuck in Thesis Writing Hell. By the way, I did not graduate in the spring because...well, because i suck. Actually, my thesis dirrector had surgery, and she had to shelve my project while she recovered.I will turn the danged thing in on July 7th. Whew!!!! Let's FINALLY hang out either sooner or later!!!!
becky
P.S. I hope Jon "got graduated."
(That is the way Kentucky girls say it!)

Anonymous said...

This is not about your topic, but our Shetland Pony suddenly died this afternoon. We were 20 ft. from her and she fell over, has a little siezure activity and died. The vet thinks she had an aneurism.Please everyone keep us on your prayer list. She was a very loved pet and we are going to miss her. My heart is breaking: my youngest is having a bad time now that it is bed time. Thanks, Suzette

Julie said...

Oh Suzatte! That's just terrible! I am so, so sorry.

Thinking of you -

Katie