Tuesday

ben folds is nice

Did I mention how really, really nice Ben Folds was when I met him last Friday and asked him to sign something for Jane? i WAS A FAN BEFORE BUT AM NOW A DEVOTEE. wHAT A GREAT FELLA.

(whoops. caplock)

Elliot, who is 8, came home last night after TWO WHOLE WEEKS away with the grandparents and his father. That is by far the longest I have ever been away from my baby. Jane and Henry have been gone 3-4 weeks at a time to France and to camp, but Elliot hasn't seemed old enough to do those things because he is my baby boy.

He came back taller and brown as a berry, with his fuzzy, dirty blonde hair somewhat blonder from the beach. His blue eyes are much more startling when he's tan.

He fell asleep with his head in my lap last night as we read about aborigines. I sat like that for a long time after he was sound asleep because I just wanted to feel the weight of his head on my leg and look at his limbs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you missed Buddy Guy?

Julie said...

Nope. Missed Buddy, but a friend who saw his show (a musician friend who plays pretty great guitar himself) says it was the very best show at Bonnaroo this year.

Anonymous said...

brown huh? I guess in your fixation on breastfeeding you forgot to discover that his odds of getting skin cancer later in life from tanning and not using sunscreen are much much much greater than getting something from not partaking of the magic tit. idiot.

Julie said...

Uhhhh....??

Have you ever heard of sunscreen? Which my children wear?

You sure like the word "tit."

That amuses me. That you like it so much ;-)

Anonymous said...

well if your kid got a huge tan then I would guess he/she/it didnt wear sunscreen. six year olds dont use tan in a bottle. and all that tanning will yes, lead to skin cancer later in life. at much higher rates than the supposed diseases prevented by breastfeeding.

Julie said...

Are you sure you don't want to work the word "tit" in there somewhere?