Thursday

i sold my new book

It's now a done deal.

I am very happy to report that I just heard from MY LITERARY AGENT, and SOFT SKULL PRESS, a very cool indie publisher, just acquired my proposal.

The book is called "Let Them Run With Scissors: How 'Over-Parenting' is Hurting Kids, Families and Culture" It will be released in 2007.

The advance is very modest, but I'm really looking forward to working with THIS PARTICULAR PUBLISHER. I think they will take good care of me and my book.

I'm psyched.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Very Catchy title.
I know you're not advocating what Augusten Burroughs mother did.

Anonymous said...

ha! i was thinking the same thing re: augusten burroughs..

Lisa said...

Congratulations! You will make at least one sale to me :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations! You will make at least one sale to me :)

karrie said...

Congratulations!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Congrats and best wishes for good sales!

Anonymous said...

Put me down for an advance copy!
Best Wishes,
Becky and Willie

Anonymous said...

sounds like one to read at borders so I dont have to waste good money on it just to see how unbelievably lacking in common sense it is.

Anonymous said...

anon #3 - why would you read it at all then...?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it! I remember you talking about it at the Atlanta LLL conference a couple of years ago. So glad that you got it picked up!

Julie said...

Thanks folks!

I can only hope that interest in Augusten Burroughs' most excellent memoir spurs one or two folks to pick up my own book...

And anon, how do you know you won't like it if you don't even really know what it's about yet?