Tuesday

jon's house

When the children are away, I spend a good bit if time at Jon's apartment, which is only a mile or two from my house. I love having a house, but there is something very cozy about his little, top floor apartment in a very cool, old building. It reminds me of the tiny apartment I had when I lived in England for a while in college. It looks out over the river and downtown. It has quirky, sloping ceilings and funny little closet doors and a skylight in the kitchen. He also has an insane cat named Mingus.

The other good thing about staying at Jon's house is that he has cable television and I don't. So when he's asleep, as he is now, I can hang out on his couch and indulge myself with reruns of my beloved Sex and the City and catch Sarah Silverman on Jimmy Kimmel, etc.

No comments: