Monday

freechairs


DSC01048
Originally uploaded by kgranju.



This is a (very strange - don't ask) photo of the pair of very nice, huge wing chairs I got FOR FREE this weekend because somebody left them sitting out to be picked up by the garbage collector.

They are currently covered with threadbare, yellowy-olive velvet, which actually gives them a sort of shabby-chic vibe, but I will get them recovered soon.

I have them in off the porch now (which is where they were in this photo) and settled comfortably in the living room, where they have already been much sat upon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember seeing those chairs! The last neighnorhood I lived in, people frequently put out furniture, etc, on the curb, knowing that whoever needed it would pick it up. It is a convenient way to recycle.

Anonymous said...

With children in the house, get redi made slip covers. Cheaper and laundry easily. Sears, J.C.Penny and others.

Marvel said...

Very nice chairs and congrats on your find! I'm all about FREE, LOL.