Wednesday

e.g.

Yesterday when I picked E. up from school, he was whining and saying he didn't want to go do his Christmas program. I spent a little while trying to convince him it would be fun, to no avail. He just got whinier.

Finally I told him that if he really didn't want to do it, I would not force him (he wasn't playing a specific part in an actual play - just singing with chorus). He looked sort of startled by this. He thought for a few minutes and then said he figured he would go because his teacher would miss him, plus he said he would do it.

I was really proud of him for making a good decision without being forced to do it. And after he made the decision, he cheered right up and was quite jolly all evening.

And as much as I jokingly complain about annual school holiday programs, you can't help but feel happy when you see all those cute kids up there singing Christmas carols together.

I am really enjoying E. at age 8.

DSC02447

DSC02432

DSC02437

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your son is doing so well. I did notice that he is pictured where you are striping wallpaper. From one mother to another I just want to make sure that he is not being exposed to Lead. I hope you and your blogging community will take a quick look at this website and see how we can help protect our young children and pregnant women:
http://www.epa.gov/lead/index.html
Some people spread the word of God and I feel its my duty to spread the word of Lead containment. Thanks for listening.