Wednesday

for the record

When I die:

-I want to be cremated. Family can keep some of me around if they like, but please sprinkle the rest of me around Bell Buckle. I especially like James and Julie's backyard.

-I want my organs and every other part of me that is use-able to be donated to people who can use them. (NOTE: Avoid giving anyone my eyes or my ankles. I see like a naked mole rat, and my ankles frequently give out when overtaxed).

-Please play some Big Star at my funeral. And some Ben Folds. No organ music. No funereal-type flowers, though nice collections of gerber daisies and irises would be good.

-Please do try to contact me with a Ouija board. I love word games, and I've always wondered if it would work.

6 comments:

CHEZ BEZ said...

Cremation and donated organs is my plan, too.

As for the Ouija reference, I suddenly have this thought of lonely spirits shuffling about somewhere, sadly moaning on about how "nobody Ouijas me anymore."

jon said...

Kate, honey, nobody can reach you by telephone now; do you think when you're dead we'd bother with a board game?

Cookie said...

Okay...Jon's comment was hilarious. I am still laughing.

mamalife said...

I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown overboard in the sea with a margarita. Have a party with fun and laughter on board. No funeral. No black. Ditto for organ donations. I have made these wishes abundantly clear to those who need to know them and promised to come back and haung them if they are not honored!

Mary C said...

"Bury me at Old Baldy" was my wish 26 years ago, Webb classmate Barbara Howard witnessed my high school "will" ....thanks for bringing that memory back for a laugh. The soccer field and creek would also be good places for my ashes

Anonymous said...

Funny - I agree with you. I have always thought about being cremated and donateing what organs are wanted/usable.

I've also thought about having my ashes spread in Bell Buckle. And the soccer field is exactly the spot I had in mind. Even though I spent more time in the gym or on the baseball field, there is something about those two long fields together...