Friday

henry, interrupted (by camera-happy mother while he's trying to shop for Etnies online)


IM000421
Originally uploaded by kgranju.
I think I have reached a parenting milestone.

I now have a child -- this one -- who is bigger than I am. He's taller and his feet are a size larger. He no longer steals my battered, old Birkenstocks because mine are too small. And I am wearing his hand-me-down Chuck Taylors.

I'm going to have an essay about being the mother of a teenage boy in a book coming out this Fall from Seal Press.

3 comments:

jon said...

I am looking everywhere for steve madden shoes and steve madden shoes, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your steve madden shoes blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

Thanks for the great posts...

jon

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Tina from Mommy Chats. I apologize if this is unwanted spam for you...my intention is not to irritate people. My intention is to invite those that might be interested to a chat with someone you've mentioned on your blog, or a topic you've mentioned. The program I use isn't fool proof, though so if this is posted on a blog that is not relevant, please just delete and ignore.
This coming Wed, Oct 19, 10-11am pst, 11am-12pm mst, 12-1pm cst, 1-2pm est, Mommy Chats is hosting a chat with Bee Lavender. Bee is the publisher of the online edition of Hip Mama and created and publishes Girl-Mom, an advocacy website for teen parents, and Yo Mama Says, a news and commentary website for activists. For information, click here. Again, I do so apologize if this post is unwelcome...My only intention is to get the word out about this great chat to those that might be as excited about it as I am! :) Hope to see you at the chat!

KphmQzTh said...

Nice blog do you want to trade links?