Monday

easter

This has to be the nicest weather for an Easter weekend that I remember, ever. It's been sunny and gorgeous all weekend. It's dusk and I'm sitting out on the porch, smelling the flowers in the hanging baskets and listening to our two budgies chirp, since I moved their cage out onto the porch. Oh yes, also listening to Matthew Sweet and the sounds of Henry playing on the trampoline with his 3 year old cousin, McLean.

It's been a nice weekend

On Friday night, J. and I went to see McLean's first t-ball game. It was very cute. He's only 3 and all the other kids are 4-7 years old. After, J. and I took Elliot and cousin Eleanor downtown for the family-friendly first portion of the CD release party for some friends' (really awesome) band. We had a nice time, but it's always bizarro to run into my the guy I was seeing all Fall, because he now refuses to even look at me. If we are in the same room, he pretends he doesn't see me. It's so weird it's funny. He's in this band, so he was there and he studiously avoided any eye contact.

Anyway, after, we took the children up to Market Square and they happily splashed in the fountains, getting completely soaked.

On Saturday I went to meet up with Jane at the horse show near Chattanooga. She did just fine, but didn't do well enough to win the division, which had been everyone's hope.

Saturday night we all went and ate and dyed eggs at my sister's house.

The bunny came and Easter morning was nice. The kids discovered that the plastic eggs full of candy that the bunny had hidden in the front garden had been infiltrated by ants, so they had eggs full o'ants.

We went to church, including J., who is very creeped out by the high church aspects of a festive Episcopal Easter service. The children went out to lunch with their grandparents after church and I went to lunch and met J's parents for the first time.

This afternoon we worked in the yard and I attempted to make a dent in the massive laundry pile that has overtaken my bedroom. Jane has gone to spend the night at cousin Eleanor's, whil McLean and Elliot's friend Liam are spending the night here. I have an all boy household tonight.

It's getting dark, but I'm loathe for the beautiful day to end. I wish I had thought to take tomorrow off since the kids are out of school. But tomorrow it's back to work for moi...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice life it sounds like you have. You and your children have really come through the divorce well. You are lucky.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he's quietly seething because you talk so much shit about it him on your little blog.

Anonymous said...

who is quietly seething?

Julie said...

Ex-boyfriend? Maybe he is quietly seething, but I doubt it. When we were seeing each other, he liked it when I mentioned him on the blog and also commented on the blog on an almost daily basis.

Mostly I think he just decided he doesn't like me very much and doesn't want to have anything to do with me. S'okay... I wish him well.

-katie

Anonymous said...

Creeped out by the festive Episcopal Easter service ... What was it, the little children decorating a cross with garden flowers? The bouquets of lilies on the doors and pillars that the big kids made the day before? The prayer of gratitude for the love and care of children? The brass band with cymbols?

Julie said...

Nope. I think it was more the way we Episcopalians elevate the golden Bible to iconic status in a high church service.

He's Presbyterian ;-)