Monday

courtney love & the curst of the firstborn daughters

I'm a Courtney Love fan, despite her, ummmm, issues. I somehow sort of identify with her, even though I've never been a rock star, a stripper or a heroin addict.

Her mother has a new memoir out and a Seattle newspaper just ran A REALLY FASCINATING ARTICLE tracing her family tree. It turns out craziness runs in the family, but so does crazy genius. I didn't know, for example, that Courtney's grandmother was a really brilliant novelist.

Interestingly, all Courtney's siblings are successful, stable folks with thriving careers and happy families. Clearly, many of her problems have been organic, as in, she's hardwired to be slightly nuts and has been since birth.

Anyway, you should read this article. It's fascinating.

1 comment:

M said...

Yay! I'm the first non-spammer commenter on this post!

I love Courtney Love, and I'll defend her even with too-much collagen, a bad bleach job, and bad coordination...

Because she fucking rocks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes her.