Friday

baby lust

I'm one of those people who loves getting pregnant, being pregnant and mothering babies & young children. I really do.

My youngest child (I have three) is eight years old now and I'm also divorced. One would think my baby-havin' days are likely behind me and that I might even be happy about that.

But I still feel like there is a baby - maybe even two more babies - in my future. I have no concrete reason to believe this except that I just sort of know it.

My children are at a wonderful place right now. I am enjoying them all tremendously. But again, I just feel like another child is supposed to join the family at some point. And lately, whenever I see a baby or toddler I get that baby lust feeling...

I have friends who say they just knew they were "done" after baby # 2 or whatever, but I've yet to feel that yet...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm your age and just got married last year! We are now pregnant with our first baby. You just must have gotten married really young. I hope you get to have another one. Any likely paternal prospects on the horizon?

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love "getting pregnant"?

Anonymous said...

No way. "Getting" pregnant can be a chore. Trust me. We tried and tried. It was very frustrating. You are lucky if it happened easily for you.

radmama said...

I'm 30, have two (youngest is almost 7.5), divorced and I don't feel 'done' yet, either.

In fact, I'm quite sure there are two curly headed babies waiting for me... :-/

Anonymous said...

I have no desire to ever have kids and I'm nearly past the age of even thinking about it, but I was told by a good psychic that I have two kids in my future. A girl and a boy. I have no idea what this means.

Anonymous said...

This might be an unlikely stance for a feminist to take, but I have told Randall that once we are married and settled, I will leave it it up to him whether we have a baby. As my friends are doing that early 30's having lots o' babies thing, I feel personally satisfied with my little man and the holding of various sweet babies. But if Randall gets to hankering for a little baby, I might could be persuaded. Then, again, I might like to get a doctorate. Or travel the world. oh well!