Tuesday

lucky

My office is on a hill. I always park my car directly in front of the bldg, on a steep incline. Always.

A little while ago, one of the maintenance guys for the bldg asked me if something was wrong with my car.

No, I said. Why do you ask?

Well, he explained, it's on the sidewalk at an angle at the BOTTOM of the hill/street.

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I left my car in neutral (although I did have the emergency brake on) and it apparently rolled down an entire city block and miraculously, did not hit anything or anyone and gently came to rest on the sidewalk just before taking out a fire hydrant.

(Thank you God. Really. Thanks. That was very, very nice of you.)

I am a big dork. And I need a chauffeur.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! And bad. But mostly awesome!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if your car is automatic or manual. If manual, put it in first gear when your car is facing uphill. Put it in reverse when it's facing downhill. I found this out from a parking attendant downtown when my emergency brake was shot (he had a good explanation for why this works, but I can't remember it). I'm ashamed to say I employed this method for a year before fixing my brake, but it really helps to hold your car in place. Also, turn your wheels into the curb.