Sunday

gardening

My friend Steve is a saint. He spent just about the entire weekend getting my gardening projects underway. He tilled up the front yard for our planned cottage garden, tilled up a vegetable garden spot in the back and created a whole new flower bed - a big one - in the back.

He put in the Carolina Jessamine that's going to eventually cover most of my fence and put the wisteria in that will climb up and over my front porch. He also got the little brick walkway we are putting in underway.

The weather was beautiful and it felt great to be outdoors all weekend. My hands are sore though, from dirt and from carrying bricks (which I am using to line my new back flowerbed). But Steve is probably exhausted. It's going to be really nice, though.

I love gardens and flowers but have never tried to do anything like this myself. I would have no idea where to even begin, so it's just wonderful to have Steve to take the lead on it. He knows everything about plants and gardens.

I'll post photos once we have things better established.

No comments: