Thursday

leggings, redux

Well, according to those fashion forward folks in Fort Wayne (I do loves me some good alliteration), LEGGINGS ARE BACK this year.

I am actually really happy to hear this. Leggings are one 80s trend I wanted to return (unlike the incerdibly offensive gauchos everyone is sporting at the moment). Back in the day, I loved wearing my fave black, Danskin leggings with miniskirts and my Converse high tops. When I felt all granola, I'd wear 'em under my baggy Laura Ashley jumpers with my clogs. Either way, they were uber comfy and I thought, quite cute.

And now they are "back."

I think I still have a few pairs, so I'm going to dig them out this week and give them a test-wear.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

gauchos? I wore gauchos when I was in jr. high. I don't think they're back "in" on the west coast, though I don't pay much attention to fashion. But leggings--I don't think they ever really went out here.

Julie said...

Gauchos are big here in Appalachia these days. And yo all know that we set the trends.

;-)

Anonymous said...

I loved leggings, too, and still have a pair. Just goes to show, everything comes back around. I wish I'd kept some of my platform shoes from the '70s, as they're big again as well.

Julie said...

Give me my faux Birken Bag any day ;-)

Anonymous said...

before you get all jazzed about the return of leggings, I implore you to go to the Fugs website (address: http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2006/03/index.html ) and read about Zooey Deschanel, and her tights (oh, don't start. tights=leggings.)

implore.

March 14, 2006
Zooey Fugchanel and the Ubiquitous Tights

Lisa said...

Oh, yea, leggings and hight tops. Loved them both. (Showing my age.)

Anonymous said...

so, like, the big question for me is... are gauchos and coolottes (sp?) the same thing?

loff,

Ann

Julie said...

I still wear my Converse all the time but now I favor the low tops.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your page. Thanks. Have a good week.