Sunday

Busy weekend at Casa Granju. The guy I have been seeing, J. met the kids, which seems to have gone very well. He didn't try too hard, which my kids hate, and they seem to like him. It felt very comfortable to have him around. I'm not sure how comfortable HE feels, given that, as he says, what 26 year old single guy would choose to find himself seeing a woman with 3 kids? (The answer: none) But I'm a package deal: me plus three, so it's sort of take it or leave it, you know?

On Friday night I cooked some Indian food and my sister and her kids and J. came over and ate with us. During the day on Saturday, S.K. came over and we walked my yard and mapped out my gardening plans, with which he is going to help. He's a botanist by training, so having him to assist is a real treat for me. We're going to have veggies and flowers in the back and American wisteria on my front porch and we are going to cover my ugly metal fence with some Carolina Jessamine and we are going to take out the nasty shrubbery up front and till up some of the front and make it into a little cottage garden. I am really, really excited about this.

Last night we went out for Mexican with about 22 other friends, which was really fun and then we all went over to my sister's for a bonfire.

Today we have horsey activity at our barn and then tonight I am hosting a party. It's ostensibly an Oscars-watching party, but the Oscars are actually just an excuse for me to throw a party, since I love doing that. Sundays are a hard night to get people out for a party, so I have no idea if five people or 50 will show up.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, If someone doesn't want to date you because you have those three great kids then he isn't someone we would want you dating anyway. Capiche?

Anonymous said...

I'm coming tonight. Looking forward to it.

MN

Anonymous said...

Will I get to meet J tonite?

MN

Anonymous said...

He's 26?

Go Katie!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Katie? He's the lucky one. She's cute.

Anonymous said...

That's what I said....

-J.

Anonymous said...

It was fun, and though I could take tomorrow off, I still have to get up early and take the girls to school so I had to leave early (if 10:45 still qualifies as early). Good people, good food, and good fun.

You throw a good party Kate!

Anonymous said...

I'm in my mid thirties and my boyfreind is nine years younger. So what? Women live longer anyway.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that is kind of a rude thing to say? That no guy would want to date someone with three kids? Did he actually say that to you because if so, he sounds like shallow jerk. Didn't that bother you?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous #something: have you ever been a 26 year old male? It would be pretty freakin' weird if he said otherwise.

-- Steve K.

radmama said...

My 27 year old boyfriend sees my kids as a bonus, not a problem.

Anonymous said...

By the way, my ex had three kids when we started dating. I was 25 at the time. I also saw the kids as a bonus, not a problem.

Now, she's gone but the kids are still here. I consider that a double bonus.*grin*

As for the age difference, who cares? If you connect, you connect.

Anonymous said...

OK, I ate some of this indian food and was in bed sick for rest of the weekend. Strangely, these events are not causally related, at least, not in the way that one might expect. I was sick and Kate brought me food! And it was pretty tasty.

Other than the food in hand, this person looked and acted very much like Katie. I remain perplexed.

Oh, and the younger man thing reminded me that one of my colleagues says that statistically it's stupid for women to marry older men (and crazy to marry older men). At the point in your life when you're most likely to need help, you'll be changing his diapers or alone.