Monday

we're married!

I can't begin to explain how perfectly I felt like our wedding - our entire wedding weekend- went. We had so much fun and I think everyone else did too. I was so happy and thankful to have friends from Knoxville drive all the way to Bell Buckle for the event. One of my very favorite moments of the whole evening was when my friend K's little daughter Sophia sang us a Dixie Chicks song while playing guitar. Sophia is always very quiet and contemplative with me; I had NO idea she had such a huge and amazing voice! It was really wonderful.

My cousin Thomas played THE DRUMS at the end of the ceremony and also led all the wedding party and guests across the road to the party .

My brother Robert, who got tapped as a special judge for the day, performed the ceremony. He did an awesome job, even offering up a sweet, little homily mid-ceremony (the whole ceremony took only about 10 minutes). He advised us to simply "be nice" to one another, as well as to always put the other on a pedestal. I plan to take his advice, both because it's great advice and also because he and my sister-in-law have the kind of marriage I want to have. They clearly know ho to do this being married thing.

More later - and I hope that I'll get some photos from folks to share soon. But what a wonderful wedding it was :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Katie and Jon... it sounds like a wonderful wedding. I love your brother's advice - here's to a long and happy life together!!

The Dixie Chicks song sounds lovely - when *my* K. was 2, she told me one day she wanted she and I to be Dixie Chicks when we grew up! :)

Anonymous said...

Love and Best wishes to both of you, and I agree with your brother that kindness does make a marriage a happy and your home a nicer place to live.

Anonymous said...

Let me write that again...

Love and Best wishes to both of you, and I agree with your brother that kindness does make a marriage happy and your home a nicer place to live.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! Can't wait to see photo's

Anonymous said...

Sophia just read your blog and is beaming. Very sweet of you. Thanks.
-K