Thursday

commenting on the blog

ACK! I keep trying to use the word verification thing to prevent spammers from commenting on the blog, but then I get lots of e-mails from folks saying the word verification feature doesn't allow them to comment at all.

So I've turned it back off and hopefully, that should solve the problem for those of you who have wanted to comment but could not.

As for the spam, I'll just have to be diligent about deleting it, I guess.

(grumble, grumble Blogger software, grumble, grumble)

7 comments:

Kelly O said...

If you can't see the verification word, copy your comment and save it in another program, then hit Refresh or Reload.

(grumble, grumble, spam commenters, grr, grumble, grumble)

Anonymous said...

I've had trouble with your word verification in IE but not in Firefox. I realize many readers may not have both, but if they do, try Firefox.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't comment before, even after refreshing because the box with the letters to type was always x-ed out.

Anonymous said...

If you are using IE and can't see the verification, you need to adjust your privacy settings downward.

Tools/internet options/privacy

laura linger said...

Blogger drives me nuts, and I think the fact that you have switched to Beta might have something to do with your problems with comments.

Then again, I am on the old system over at Another Goddamned Liberal, and my comments have almost never worked. I get emails from people saying "WTF is with your comments, Laura?" It's maddening.

Anonymous said...

Had similar problem

Anonymous said...

Am I invisible? Adjust your privacy settings if you have a problem.