Saturday

some more fave wedding photos :-)

IMG_8259

UNCLE MONKEY, WATCHING THE CEREMONY FROM A NEARBY TREE

IMG_0490

BABY HARPER. SUPER CUTE

IMG_1681

BABY HARPER'S MAMA & DADDY, JOE AND WENDY

P4080310

JANE AND HELEN

P4080301

ME WITH AFTON AND JANICE THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING IN BELL BUCKLE

IMG_1620

MY BROTHER ROBERT'S HOUSE

IMG_1665

THIS IS BELL BUCKLE, WHERE I AM FROM AND WHERE WE ALL GOT TOGETHER FOR OUR WEDDING WEEKEND

IMG_1657

MY MOTHER'S HOUSE, WHERE WE HAD THE WEDDING

IMG_1631

CHEZ ABERNATHY, ACROSS THE STREET FROM MOM'S HOUSE, WHERE WE HAD THE POST_WEDDING PARTAY

IMG_1632


IMG_8252

IMG_0543

IMG_0542

IMG_0522

IMG_0513

IMG_0487

IMG_0489

P4080296

P4080323

6 comments:

laura linger said...

If Ken and I were to do it all over again, we'd have a wedding like that: a big party with lots of fun. We didn't have very much fun at the party of 250 people so my mother could show off, his parents could invite a bunch of people we had never met, and my dad could invite business colleagues.

And I would never again ask my Jewish husband to marry in a Catholic church to silence my mother.

If we did it today, we'd stand up to the families and do it our way: a cookout and hog roast in our back yard (Ken doesn't keep kosher), with lawn chairs and a keg and tons of iced tea, and maybe even a potluck, because it would turn into one anyway, as is often the case at backyard parties.

I look at your photos and see love and happiness. I look at mine and see love and happiness, but everything is so posed. The feelings were genuine, but the photos were not.

karrie said...

The regional differences in architecture are interesting, and the kids are all simply gorgeous. I love the little one peering into her burger, and the shot of your daughter's friend, barefoot and holding another little one.

Anonymous said...

I know you probably mentioned it before in another post, but what were your kids' roles in the ceremony? There was a shot here of you and Jon and the kids and it looks like he's giving someone something. Just curious.

Anonymous said...

It is so refreshing to see that there are still people out there that appear to live very simply and aren't caught up in alot of nonsense.You look so very happy. It is heartwarming to see how happy you are because your love SHINES for all to see.I am sitting here in Yuppieland wishing you and your family all the happiness that your hearts can ever hold...Thanks for sharing your beautiful spirit with us all. (and brightening my day!)

Anonymous said...

What is a wedding?

Anonymous said...

All these pictures are so beautiful. I think the baby, Harper, is one of the cutest babies ever, and I love the name. (Is it after Harper Lee, or another Harper in the family?)