Monday

wintering

After a week at home with me, my children are now with their father for a week and the silence in our little house is really thundering. I miss the **hell** out of them.

They had an obscenely blessed Christmas, receiving iPods and saddles and laptops and electric guitars and remote control flying saucers and just about anything else a kid could want. With Christmas in two households, plus very generous grandparents, they really get a lot for the holidays and I know they are enjoying all of it.

I find myself very, very solitary and contemplative as the New Year approaches. I'm hibernating at home a bit. My recent breakup with the first person I actually fell in love with since my divorce has really been painful but has also made me take a hard look at some important issues that require my careful attention. Not fun stuff to be honest with myself about, but necessary.

I am hoping all of this painful quiet in my life at the moment, which came on rather suddenly after a joyous spring, summer and early fall is meant to allow me space to think through this hard stuff and emerge a better mother and person as the leaves start to bud on the trees again.

I hope so.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Remote control flying saucers??? That sounds TOO cool!!! Hope your solitary time to think is healing... and that 2006 brings you many good things.

Anonymous said...

I think you're too depressed about your bumper and mirror, dude. It's not really that bad and you could fix it with some glue and duct tape. On the bright side, you did get to go to the branch for some healthy snacky snacks and paranoia.

Julie said...

QMM:

Yeah, easy for YOU to say, since you have a bitchin' Camaro to drive around.

I am just sick of running into random things, you know? I need to move somewhere with mass transit.

I remember the healthy snacks, but not the paranoia. Were you paranoid or was I?

Are you enjoying your Christmas mugs? You can buy a whole lot more at Crate and Barrell now ;-)