Monday

I'm really interested in the concept of intentional communities and co-housing, but I am finding, having moved to a real city neighborhood this year, how nicely unintentional community springs up in an urban landscape.

Yesterday afternoon, my vaccuum cleaner broke, so I borrowed my friend Suzanne's. She lives a few short blocks (with sidewalks) away. My phone was out of order ( along story unto itself), so my next door neighbor brought me a phone message. And also related to the phone problem, I had no internet access at home, so I went up the street to my friend Jay's house with my laptop, and got online wirelessly while sitting on his front porch and visiting with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say "hi" to Suzanne for me. Is it the same vacuum?

Julie said...

Same Suzanne; different vacuum

;-) Katie