Thursday

There are people in your life with whom you have brief but intense interactions and then you just lose track of each other. I have a few people like that in my past and I've wondered what has become of them.

Today I heard from someone I haven't spoken to in fifteen years -- a college fling that was some of the most fun ever -- but then he dropped out of school mid-year to move to NYC and be a rock and roll star and we only spoke a few times after that.

It turns out he became an investment banker instead, and next week he's coming into town to visit his family and he looked me up. It was just as much fun to talk to him today as it was a decade and a half ago, so I am really looking forward to seeing him and getting caught up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't wait to see you either. And although I earn my living managing other people's money, I am still a guitar god at heart.