Sunday

Lately I've been getting a lot of e-mails from people who have read my book on attachment parenting, wondering if I have any recommendations for books on attachment parenting past baby/toddlerhood.

I do have some, most notably this new book from Hilary Flower (disclaimer: I wrote the foreword). It's a great book:



I also like Barbara Coloroso's books, Dr. William Sears' books on discipline and raising successful children, and also "Becoming the Parent You Want to Be" by (I think) Laura Davis. This last one is especially good if you are anxious about overcoming your own less-than-great childhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this the same Laura Davis who sparked off the whole wave of false memories and false abuse accustions trend? somehow I dont think this is someone I would be taking parenting advice from.....

Anonymous said...

oh Dewi, you mean like how to manipulate a kid who no longer sucks up to your every controlling word? a kid who is smart enough to see what a hypocritical bitch you are?