Wednesday

An Ode to T.J. Maxx

By my cousin Julie Anderson (pictured in post below):

An Ode to TJ Maxx

O, TJ Maxx, you satisfy
When I need retail thera-pie.
Driving in downtown Nashville bit
To park and walk for blocks, then sit
And drive, and drive, and drive back home...
With blistered feet, and all alone.
But wait! A cheery red sign beckons.
And I deserve a treat, I reckon.
The lingerie rack is so enticing,
Especially with TJ's pricing.
Five sets of lovely panties and bras
Might help chase away the blahs.
Throw in some bright red fuzzy slippers,
And a ghost candy dish for the lil' nippers.
Thus sated, I pay the smallish fee
For these frilly colorful treats for me.
Spread them out upon the bed
In matching sets of pink and red.
Smile, and give thanks for simple pleasures,
And for discount outlets with cheap treasures.

No comments: