Saturday

good show

Wow! What a great show at the Corner Lounge tonight. I missed Angel and the Lovemongers (although I was gifted with a CD by the drummer that I will listen to post haste) but Stewart Pack's band is just....amazing. Several in the know people told me they think it's the best band in East TN these days.

And the Tim Lee Band always rocks. They played some great new stuff.

Plus, the CL is just a friendly, happening place to be. Ran into some folks I hadn't seen in ages. Also chatted up my waitress from my visit last night to the Gay Street Brewery. She had some sage advice.

Now I crave some macaroni and cheese - missed supper -- and then off to bed to read the next chapter in Dylan's Chronicles. We have a soccer game at 8 am...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did Carie tell you, Kate?

Julie said...

That, in her opinion, my instincts on how to handle things are correct. And that she liked the fact that I wasn't willing to sit around and wait for somebody who may never come around. And that it makes her sad when she sees people trapped in mediocre or bad situations when something great is available, simply because change is hard.

I'm glad to have met her. She's very nice. I'm going to see if whe wants to go have a beer or something sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

who the hell are:"in the know people"?

Julie said...

I was being sort of silly with the "in the know" comment.

But folks did really love Stewart's band.

-Katie