Tuesday

weekend

We had a very busy holiday weekend at Casa Granju. On Saturday, my daughter had a horse show and I'll take a minute to brag on the fact that she rode a friend's new small pony, "Joe Cool," to champion of the pony division at the show, beating several VERY nice large ponies ridden by teenagers (Jane is ten years old).

She also rode her own pony in the division, but he was very silly and didn't do that well.

But winning champion of the division the first time she ever got on this pony was pretty neat. She also got stung by a bunch of yellowjackets about an hour before she showed, so I was proud of her for getting on and doing it.

On Saturday night we had a gaggle of boychildren spend the night, with lacrosse played in our backyard until 4am at which point I told the boys they had to come in and go to sleep.

On Sunday, we had our Labor Day party at our house. It was very fun, with a good crowd, quite diverse, and good food. There were actually a couple of people there whom I did not know and have no idea how they ended up there, but they were quite nice and we were happy to have them. Things wrapped up pretty late and I had to drag myself out of bed on Monday, which the children and I all had off.

On Monday afternoon we were invited to a friend's house to swim and eat a very tasty supper. Had a great time, except I think I ripped a muscle in my shoulder the one time I tried their zipline thing that runs across their backyard. So I'm in some pain this morning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds perfect.

Julie said...

Not hardly. But pretty damn good. I am very blessed.

I would like a new bed, though.

-Katie