Thursday

ouch

I got a phone call from my 8th grade son's teacher today telling me that he's okay, but that his finger is very sore after he stuck it into a phone jack in the wall during English class. It became stuck and the teacher and another adult eventually had to dismantle the whole thing and take it out of the wall to get his finger out.

He called me a few minutes later to ask if I was mad. I said no but asked him why in the world he did that, and he really had no answer. I reminded him that when he was 4 he also got a bean stuck up his nose that required a trip to the emergency room.

PS: My mother e-mails to remind me that she once had to come get me at school because I had a pencil stuck in my arm, and that one time I got my finger stuck in a hole in the bathroom at a horse show and a kind stranger had to help me get it loose. And then a friend from high school e-mailed to remind me of my habit of becoming so engrossed in a book whilst gnawing on a pen that the pen would burst in my mouth, spewing ink all over my face. This happens, she informs me, more than one time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he took the phrase "let his fingers do the walking" too literally.

I got my tongue stuck in a Pez dispenser when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say "let YOUR fingers do the walking," not "let his..."