Friday

happy birthday betsy

Betsy and me at a party in Bell Buckle - Spring '05

IM000331

This Fall marks 25 years since the first day of 7th grade for me. On that first day, I met my friend Betsy. We have been friends every since - best friends. In middle school and high school, we were inseparable. When we each went off to a different college, leaving Bets was one of the things I dreaded most.

Two decades later, Betsy still understands me very, very well -- along with my sister (also named Betsy) and my little brother, probably better than anyone else. She is the first person to call me out when I am being a drama queen or making no sense or heading off in an unwise direction. But even when she warns me against doing what I am doing, she never(okay, RARELY) says "I told you so."

She's an amazing person: hilarious, clever, warm, a great mama, the best drinking buddy, and the most fun to sing with (preferably old Loretta Lynn or Jackson 5 in the car, loud).

Happy birthday Bets :-)

(This is a picture of my daughter Jane with Betsy's daughter, Clare Frances from Spring '05)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a very very happy birthday from Kate's mama.