Saturday

my head

Earlier this morning I accidentally pulled the cord of a lamp and it apparently pulled the whole thing over onto my head. This was a tall floor lamp and I was leaning down next to it and all of a sudden I felt something hit me really, really hard on the side/back of my head and then I was sprawled out on the floor. And for a minute I thought maybe I was going to pass out, but I didn't. But now I have a huge knot on my head and it really, really hurts and I want my mother but instead I have to go to a thing at work for a few hours and then mother my own children. But really, I would like to lie on my mother's couch all afternoon and have her put cold things on this knot on my head and ask me how I am feeling. Because honestly, this hurts like hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could kiss it and make it better. I love you. Mama