Saturday

boys

I am supposed to be researching and writing about quartz countertops this afternoon -- and I am doing some of that - but I am distracted by my sore head and listening to my son Elliot, age 8 and his friend Liam, agd 7, chatting in the next room as they play...something. I don't know what, but it's fun to listen to them.

At what age do boys begin referring to each other as "Dude"?

As in, "Dude, you totally CAN'T make that dinosaur jump that mountain because a dinosaur CANNOT jump over a mountain."

My 10 year old daughter and her friends do not have any similar name for each other. And they never, ever end up wrestling on the floor when a disagreement over Malibu Barbie becomes heated (as Elliot and his friends do when they can't agree on some lego-related matter).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to figure out when *I* started calling everyone "dude." I think I'm too old and too not a guy to be using it as often as I do. It usually precedes calling someone out on something, though, similar to the example you used, cf. "Dude, you totally should not be doing that."

Anonymous said...

dude can also be effective all by itself. Somebody does something they should not be doing, and you can send them a one-word email: "dude."

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Ativan logo provigil uses know reliable breast enhancement pill surgery like home long provigil term use Water beds online ffhsalafh Risperdal seroquel zyprexa Botox info indiana Search yahoo comsearch p nextel phone plans Asian girl cartoon How to star a business of cars black mink coat hispanic female body builders W.c fields and rosacea Cheap adipex no prescription shipped cod