Thursday

february - the month of groundhogs and love

It's February again and the V-Day displays are popping up all over, reminding me that I am thoroughly single at the moment. Last year at this time, I wrote my round up of all my previous Valentine's Days and how they had gone down.

This year I find myself thinking about the folks I've gone out with since last February. Some hits. Some misses. One incredibly painful disaster. All in all, it's been a good year on the romance front. I have one sort of enigmatic relationship that baffles me a bit, but all in all, things are good... Just when I start to think it might be sort of nice to have a boyfriend-boyfriend, some married or living-with-boyfriend friend calls me or e-mails me to bitch about what a pain in the ass their guy is and suddenly I feel much better.

Still, in the words of Lloyd Dobler, I'm holding out for a dare to be great situation, and eternal optimist that I am, I bet I'll get it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you will have a Valentine by Valentine Day. When you do the radio show next week, have the funhouse guys tell the world you need a date for Valentine Day and the phone will ring off the hook.

Anonymous said...

I have asked you out at least three times in the past nine months and every time you say you are too busy.

I am beginning to take offense!

Will

Anonymous said...

That VD roundup you wrote was really funny.

Julie said...

Will: I have legitimately been busy. E-mail me. We'll go have a beer soon.

-kate